A webinar on Green Finance Products will take place on 14 November from 11:00-12:00 CET and will offer learnings relevant for microfinance institutions in Europe on how to promote environmentally friendly practices through offering green finance products to their clients.
© RachenArt / Shutterstock
This is the third session of the Green Finance at Microfinance Institutions webinar series, which aims to help all interested microfinance institutions understand the implications of climate change, as well as the opportunities and risks it brings for the sector in Europe.
The third webinar builds on the experience of assisting microfinance institutions (MFIs) and commercial banks from the Western Balkans to develop and promote green finance products. It will highlight lessons learnt applicable to MFIs across Europe. The webinar will offer insights in the areas of market assessment and target base definition, customer profiling and segmentation, green finance product development and promotion, as well as impact tracking and reporting. Two experts will deliver an interactive interview-style online session with plenty of opportunities for engagement with the audience through polls and live questions:
- Marjan Stojiljkovic is a Senior Energy Finance Expert with more than 10 years of experience in energy efficiency and renewable energy technology financing, currently heading the climate mitigation finance sub-unit within the Frankfurt School-UNEP Centre for Climate & Sustainable Energy Finance.
- Ms. Inken Paysen is assigned as Key Expert in the EaSI Technical Assistance programme and is responsible for designing tailor-made technical assistance and trainings for the Programme’s beneficiaries, the European microcredit providers. Inken is also a Senior Project Manager at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.
The webinar is offered by the European Union and attendance is free of charge. All sessions target primarily microfinance institutions (MFIs), including greenfield MFIs, banks, NGOs, regulators or other institutions and individuals working in the microfinance sector in Europe.
Other events in this webinar series
Here is an overview of all sessions from the webinar series:
- Climate Change – Business Opportunity for MFIs? (26 September 2019) – download presentation
- Greening MFIs – Case Study (16 October 2019) – download presentation and watch webinar recording here
- Green Finance Products (14 November 2019) – download presentation
- Environmental and Social Risk Management (4 December 2019) – download presentation
- EaSI Technical Assistance Webinar Series on Green Finance at Microfinance Institutions
- Second EaSI Technical Assistance for Microfinance Webinar of the Series on Green Finance