The European Union is offering a webinar for microfinance institutions (MFI) interested in acquiring new skills to support better their women clients. The webinar will lay out the case for gender-sensitive banking and will take place on 24 March 2020.
Gender finance is a complex topic that requires not only technical knowledge on the subject, but also a good understanding of the entire customer experience of the clients of a MFI. This webinar series is designed to equip MFIs to develop a sustainable and meaningful focus on female clients. The series will include sessions offering a better understanding of the market, exposing myths, developing relationships with female clients, and reframing solutions through a gender lens.
Topic: Untapping the potential of women entrepreneurs – a business case for gender sensitive banking
Date: Tuesday, 24 March 2020, 11:00-12:00 CET
This introductory webinar will lay out the case for Gender-sensitive banking targeting MSME clients in particular, as well as how to create a sustainable and impactful focus on women clients for any microfinance institution. The two experts will deliver an interactive interview-style session with lots of opportunities for engagement through polls and live questions:
- Ms. Veneta Miteva is an expert of the EaSI Technical Assistance programme and is responsible for the design and implementation of events to facilitate the sharing and dissemination of best practices (e.g. peer-to-peer trainings, study visits, and microfinance workshops or webinars). She is also a Project Manager at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.
- Ms. Inken Paysen is a key expert of the EaSI Technical Assistance programme and is responsible for designing tailor-made technical assistance and trainings for the Programme’s beneficiaries, the European microfinance institutions. Inken is also a Senior Project Manager at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.
The webinar is financed by EaSI Technical Assistance programme, and attendance is free of charge. All sessions target primarily microfinance institutions (MFIs), including greenfield MFIs, banks, NGOs, regulators or other institutions and individuals working in the microfinance sector in Europe.
Other events in this webinar series
Here is an overview of all sessions from the webinar series:
- Untapping the potential of women entrepreneurs – a business case for gender sensitive banking (24 March 2020) – register here
- The importance of non-financial services for female MSME clients (tbd, April 2020)
- Client-centric focus in product development: Successful outreach to women entrepreneurs (tbd, May 2020)